Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Taylor Turns Four

Four years ago, I was snuggled up in a hospital recovery room with my sweet newborn baby boy Taylor.  Today I spent the whole day with my sweet boy having so much fun!  Wow where did four years go?  How did I go from diapers and late night feedings, to boxer briefs and Chinese buffets for lunch?????  

We had a few spring plans change so we opted to not have a huge party this year, but we celebrated in a few fun ways.  Follow along on Taylor's special celebrations! 

First came family Saturday seeing Farmer Jason perform at a local venue!  My kids love this punk rock skunk singing farmer.  He has been a staple in our CD player since Emma was little.  I think we have seen him in concert around seven or eight times total!  He is a fun show and we had a blast!






 Sunday we had family only over after church for a small party.  Of course it was a pizza party since it was all about the Turtles!! 




 Toss the pizza!!
 Pizza!!!
 After all the snow we have had in the last three weeks, we all went outside to enjoy the spring like weather!!!  The kids had a blast!!


TMNT cupcakes were yummy!
Presents!!!
Today on his actual birthday, I was able to spend some one on one time with just my boy! We went shopping with some birthday money he was given, gymnastics, and lunch at a Chinese buffet.  This kid loves some sweet and sour chicken and crab Rangoon!!!



 We also sneaked in some scooter riding
 While we waited for daddy and sissy to get home for pancakes and cookies, he played with his new sea animals and kinetic sand toys.  
 Finally the rest of the family came home, so we got to open some presents from us.  



Lastly we sang happy birthday and ate some yummy cookies!  Tonight I have an eight year old and a four year old.  Time flies, I will soak up every snuggle, late night crawl into my bed, and kiss he gives me.  I took to heart every time he thanked me for a great day and will tuck them in for later years.  He is the sweetest boy and I am proud to be his mom!

I did ask him a few questions about his favorite things:
Favorite color: all boy colors
favorite show:  Jake and Neverland Pirates and Curious George
favorite foods:  peanut butter sandwiches and chips
favorite singer: Farmer Jason
favorite people:  his family
He also loves to ride his scooter, play in the sandbox, and do art. He will be trying to play soccer this spring which is new to him and he is finishing up his first year of gymnastics.

No comments: