Monday, September 1, 2014

I love a good book....

There is nothing I love more then diving into a good book.  I could and often do read for hours.  I read while waiting on Emma in car rider line, I read at night before falling asleep, and I find a minute here or there to read throughout the day.  I love books!  That might be why I work at a library:)

I was privileged to receive a free copy of the book Honor by Lyn Cote.  I quickly fell in love with this historical novel filled with values, faith and family.  The story is set during the time period that Quakers were starting to work to help runaway slaves.  However, it was still illegal to do so and very dangerous.  Each character brought such a new and exciting element to the story and they each quickly made you love them.  Well, maybe not love all of them, there are a few bad fellows included.  I could not read fast enough, but hated to see it end at the same time.

Honor the main character faces losing everything she had due to standing her ground against slavery. She loses her home, her family and her money.  Then, when she gets to her new life she is again faced with death and massive changes that must happen to keep her safe and her maid she had set free.  Honor faces so many hard decisions that will lead her down paths she never dreamed of, but quickly has to adjust too.  During each new challenge her faith in God and her belief that slavery is wrong never wavers.

I highly recommend this book!  I could write on and on about how wonderful it is, but honestly just get a copy and see for yourself!!  It is an amazing story.  I cant wait for the next book by Lyn Cote which will be coming out in summer of 2015.  That seems a long time from now:(

Check out my review here on Amazon and even take a peak about what other's are saying about this great book.


I received this book through the Publisher Tyndale House, and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments: