Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dancing with Cinderella

I thought I would share one of my favorite things to do with my sweet little Emma. 

Last night while I was getting Emma ready for bed, we were listening to daddies Steven Curtis Chapman's CD.  It is the one with the song he wrote for his little girl who recently passed away.  It is the sweetest song.  Anyway, I was getting Emma out of the bath when that song came on.  Well, Emma loves to snuggle right after you get her out of the tub.  So, I wrapped her all up in her monkey towel and we danced around the bedroom to the song Dancing with Cinderella.  I was so close to crying.  She is growing up so fast, and listening to the song which talks about the little girl growing up and dancing with her daddy at each stage of life.  It is so sweet!  

So, Emma and me just danced around and around.  She laughed and laughed the whole time.  I held her tight and thought wow were did all the time go.  She is two and half and it just seems like yesterday that she was in the NICU right after birth.  It was such a sweet moment in time with my sweet girl.  But all to soon it ended and we went back to getting ready for bed.

Time flies, so hug your little ones, no matter how big, tonight!!

Rachel 

No comments: