Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why the name a Different Normal?

I am the mom of a beautiful two year old named Emma.  She was born with what is called Vacterl.  (I will post more about that later)  Since the day she was born we have had a life full of doctors offices, hospital stays, medical tests, and medicine.  To us this has become normal in a sense.  To others it would be out of the norm or werid, but to us it is not.  We have embraced our life as a different normal!  

After two years, I have decided that it is time to share with everyone my views and thoughts on raising my special little angel.  She might be different, but she is mine!  I love her to the end of the world and would not change my daughters adventerous spirit for anything.  I would change the pain she has been through if I could.

So, this blog is going to be about my differnt normal life of raising Emma.  I look forward to sharing my story and thoughts on my journey of parenthood.  It is not the journey most parents dream of in the months leading up to giving birth, but it is the journey I am on.  


I will post soon more about Emma and her medical difficulties.

Love and peace to all
Rachel

1 comment:

junglemama said...

Ooo, oh boy! I love when I get to read a blog from the beginning! Hi! We have children with special needs too, one specifically with amniotic banding and cleft palate and so I will find it to be a blessing reading about your daughter and family, I'm sure.