Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A First

Yesterday a decided to run a few errands with my sweet little Emma despite the overcast day. We had to run to Bellevue to go to Michael's (my favorite store) and the grocery store too. Emma and me had a blast shopping at Michael's and we great some great buys on presents for the family. Emma asked to go see the birds at the pet store nextdoor so we did that too. She loves to see the birds and other animals. By this time it had started to sprinkle but we headed to the grocery store anyway.

As we pulled in I remembered that I had put her brand new handicapp placard in the car, and decided to use it for the first time. It was so werid to put it in the window and pull into one of those parking spots. It was a hard decision to get one in the first place, she is in a wheelchair and does not walk, so we got one. She has gotten so big and hard to carry all the time and we thought it would help me from killing myself carrying her. However, it still seemed werid to use it. I wondered if people were thinking what is this young women doing getting out of a two door Honda with a baby doing parking in a handicapp spot.

It was so nice for me to use it though. I was able to move her in and out without hurting myself. I guess I will just have to get use to using it and not worrying about what people are thinking.

So, for the first time I used her handicapp parking. Werid but helpful

Rachel

No comments: