Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Today I am another year older. Yes that makes me 28. Wow I am getting old! My husband loves it, because for the next six months I am older then he is. I married a baby:)

So far it has been a good day. We went to lunch at Ruby's and went shopping at the Goody's in Dickson too, my parents took us to lunch. I am not feeling great but trying to enjoy the day regardless. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but I am sure it will be great. Just chilling with the family and enjoying being alive. 28 years ago my mom went into labor with me and 12 hours later they took me via c-section at a little after 8 pm. I was stubborn and did not want to come out!! What is funny is that Emma was also born via c-section at 8:16 pm too. Funny how that happens!

I am not were I thought I would be at this age, but I am happy were life has decided to lead me. I never imagined being a stay-at-home mom, but I am and love taking care of my little angel. I always thought I would have at least two kids by this age, but God had another plan for sure. My little one needs the all my attention and that is okay. I like being a family of three!! I love were I am in my life right now. It took me a while to become content but I am there. I am currently starting to work on a book about Emma in her wheelchair, and I hope to even try to get it published if it turns out good. My goal for my 28th year is to find a why to use being a special needs mom as a ministry of some sorts to help other families and to write children's book that showcase special needs children. There really is not a lot of books out there that have special needs kids as the stars.

So happy birthday to me and thanks mom for trying so hard to get pregnant with me and so sorry I made you get a c-section:) I like being difficult.

Here is to being another year older!



Rachel

1 comment:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET FRIEND! I AM SO HAPPY YOU HAD A GOOD DAY TODAY! See you soon!
Love,
your a little older 28 year old friend