Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life is Good

I am loving having no therapy right now. The freedom of not worrying about getting to, having therapy, and getting home in time for lunch, nap or dinner is wonderful. I love all of our therapist and they do wonderful things for my daughter, but recently it had become so stressful. This little break was a great idea! I think it has been good for the whole family.

We have not had to have such a strict lunch and nap schedule, and that has been fun. We have been able to go out and play and go shopping whenever we want and just relax. Emma has been so relaxed! She has even wanted to be in her walker more and her wheelchair. She has been very active in all she can do!! We have been able to spend so much more time playing at home with her new toys and her old ones too.

She has started talking lots more too. She now says boy, girl, Mickey, bath, bird, and lots more. I think the break has given us all a mental vacation and we can just be.

I will enjoy the rest of the little no therapy vacation, and then next week we will be ready to hit the ground running with all her therapies again. We will be refreshed and ready to go again. I recommended to all parents of special needs children to take a break and just be. I had forgotten what it is like to just be!

Rachel

No comments: