Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Night Before School Starts

There are bags of school supplies, two sets of uniforms picked out and waiting, new backpacks waiting to be worn, and two little kiddos are sound asleep.  Normally I am freaking out by this time, the night before school starts back up.  But I am working hard on not doing that this year.  I would normally have sent a few emails and a text to Emma's new teacher with pointers etc.  This year I have decided to let the first day or two happen and then talk to the teacher.  Let her therapy teachers come and meet with the teachers and help her before overwhelming or over worrying.  Emma's teacher this year already knows Emma some and has been around Emma before.  Many of her support staff is the same and have worked with her before, and honestly the school loves and supports Emma so well.  I am not as worried this year.  We will talk to her new aid in the morning and go over a few key points for Emma's best care and then we will let things settle in and get grooving.  I honestly have just decided that this year I cant be anxious about what could happen.  I have to trust the people who have proven more times then not, that they will do amazing work for Emma and with Emma.  I am trying to pray way more and stress way less.  I feel things seem to be falling into place for a great school year for her.  She is excited and already changed her outfit choice twice before going to bed.  Her nails are painted, her bows picked out and her new flower backpack is ready to go.  God will protect my sweet Rose and He has a great plan for her I just know it.

Now, I also have another little one joining the Gator family this year.  Taylor will be joining the Pre K program there.  He is so excited to finally be a Gator!  He has Emma's pre k teacher and I am thrilled.  I think it will be really good for him to get to experience school and make friends.  I am sad to see my last little one become a big kiddo who goes to school, but realize that as hard as it is, it is a good thing.  I know longer have babies in my house, I have school kids.  He will be in school five days a week 8-2.  I will miss my little sidekick and our special trips to Cheekwood and our little hikes into the woods.  He is so ready and cant wait to wear his Batman backpack.  I just hope my mommy heart can handle the change.  

So, this night before school starts I will pray more and stress less.  Or go workout and try not to focus on the fear!!  Dear God, protect all the staff, teachers and students as the prepare for another great school year.  Amen!!!




No comments: