Monday, July 27, 2015

A book review for "Where Treasure Hides"

Check out my review of "Where Treasure Hides" by Johnnie Alexander here before reading this blog review if you would like.

I was not too sure when I signed up to review this book for Tyndale House, if I would like it or not.  The cover was beautiful and I love historical romance books, but I still was not too sure about it.  However, from the first chapter I was drawn into the story and fell in love with the main character, a young artist from which the story evolves around.  The author's beautifully written story makes you stay up way to late seeing what happens next.  I was totally enthralled with the story and could not read it fast enough to see what happens next.

The story is set during the days of Hitler.  The main characters are an artist and her family who owns a gallery, a solider who loves the artist but is part of Hitler's army, a young solider who she meets at a train station and falls in love with right then, and beautiful pieces of art and young children (both of which they have to hide to keep safe).  Art, war and love beautifully blend in an intriguing first book by this talented author.  I could tell you so much more, but I honestly think you should just read the book.

I highly recommend the book and look forward to whatever else Johnnie Alexander writes in the future.  She has a fan in me for sure.

I was given a copy of this book by Tyndale House but the review is my honest thoughts.

No comments: