Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Zook Two Take on Gower!!

Today was the first day of school!  My two little ones were so excited despite being up about two hours earlier then they had been all summer.  Taylor was so excited to finally be a gator!  We all ate breakfast and got dressed and headed out early to get to park and walk the kids in.  Our school does not have a ton of parking and we had to park at a business next door so we left about thirty minutes earlier then normally.  

All smiles!!
 This mom is not so sure how she feels about having two kiddos in school and none at home during the day.  I think it will not really hit me till next week when he goes all day.  I was so excited today I didn't even tear up, but I think it will happen next week when they are both gone.  
 Daddy got to take the morning off and be with us for the first day.  We even sneaked in a coffee date while they were at school:)  Gotta make it work when you can!
 His first official first day of school picture.  He has always been with me or my parents and not in school.  So, he went today for his first time.  He did an amazing job. Walked in and did not cry or fuss.  He owned it and did great.  He earned eight points for being on task and respectful (the earn points for following rules etc).  He was so proud of those points, and also the smiley face and sticker her got.  He told us a few things about his day and seemed to already be making friends with a few girls of course:)  My ladies man!

 He loves this backpack and asked me to take a photo to show everyone.  He picked this out too!
 This girl was a little bummed to not have her best friend in her class, but was still excited to be going to school for her fifth year at Gower.  She is thrilled to have gotten the teacher she wanted!!  She decided to go purple this year for the first day, down to her shoes and nails.  She changed outfit choices twice:)  She also wanted her Anna braids.  I was so impressed on how long they now are when I braid them.  She was all smiles this morning and had a great day too!  She even tried the brunch they had in the cafeteria and said it was good.  I was shocked, but maybe she is finally branching out. She got to set by some friends and already made friends with a new girl to the school.  I love her heart.  
 Walking to school!
 Waiting for the doors to open, with their presents for their teachers.  I had fun making them for their classes.  
 Meeting his teacher, who was Emma's teacher in Pre K as well.  She has known Taylor since he was less then a year old.  I was so happy to have her again!
 Emma loves Mrs. Armstrong, we went to her animal camp this summer.  

After, the half day, we went to Mexican to celebrate with some cheese dip and chips.  We got to talk to the kids about their day and talk about the exciting things that are going to happen in the weeks to come.  Both kids are bummed school is out tomorrow for election day.  But they go back on Friday and they both want to, which is good.  We all took a nap while daddy ran to work for a few hours this afternoon.  It was a great first day for both kids and I am excited for a great new year for them both.  Life is changing and I better hang on and enjoy the ride. 

No comments: