Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Despite the Snow I am dreaming of Easter

Day three of ice/snowed in here at my house! But I am dreaming of warmer days, spring flowers and Easter dresses for my baby girl.  With that in mind, I would like to share a little about a sweet book I received to review.

Little Blessings Easter Stories and Prayers by Kathleen Long Bostrom is a sweet book I would recommend for any young children or in my case a young child and a special needs child.  Emma also needs easier to understand books as she is still working on vocabulary that she is still lacking from having hearing loss.  She needs simple books to help her with fluency and understanding.  This book is perfect for both of my kids.

I like that it is beautifully illustrated by Elena Kucharik.  The pictures are colorful and so cute. I just want to climb in and live in each scene.  It has cute little animals, kids and backgrounds.  I think every kid will love to look and explore each page.

I also love how each page is either one or two verses of simple, rhyming words that explore different parts of the Easter story and about following Jesus in general.  The words are easy to understand and the rhyming makes it a good read aloud choice due to the fluency of the text.  All those elements will make it a great read aloud as you teach about Easter with your kids or  your Sunday school classes as well.

I am really looking forward to sharing many snuggle times reading this as a family.  It will be added to our Easter collection with pride.  I hope you are able to also snag this sweet book to add to your collection!  Here is a link to my Amazon review and a quick way to order the book as well.

*I received this book through Tyndale Blog Network for the purpose of this review. My honest opinion was all that was requested.

No comments: