Monday, March 17, 2014

Just a touch of green day fun!

So, since Emma got to start her spring break a day early, in hopes to keep her healthy, we had St. Patty's day fun at home.  I planned a few fun activities to do throughout the day and we all had a lot of fun.

First we made Irish Soda bread!  It was a lot of fun to try to make, and Emma really liked it.  Taylor did not try it, but it was pretty tasty.  I was impressed we pulled it off.  However, I am not sure what real Irish bread taste like but it was good.  Plus, we had a lot of fun making it.  My kids love to make food!







Then I had stuff for them to make a shamrock mosaic set out on the table.  They thought that was fun and they always love to use glue on any project.  They turned out really cute and are hanging in the dinning room for us to enjoy.




The last planned activity was making a pot of gold rainbow painting.  This was fun to watch them do, Taylor had so much fun going crazy with his dots and Emma was really set on making them look neat.  I did help them on this with making faint color lines to help them know what colors to put and yes I know they are missing indigo!  lol!  This was a fun before dinner project and they also look great on our art line in the dinning room.




All in all it was a fun day and we were all health!! Yippeeeeeeee!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

No comments: