Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Another last first, mommy is sad!

This is a long overdue post about my sweet boy, Taylor. 

He is now a few weeks past 18 months, haha oops missed that post.  He weighs a little over 25 lbs, and is around 32 inches tall.  He wears 18 month pants, 24 month shirts, size 5 shoe, and size four diaper.  He is so funny and so happy most of the time.  He cracks me up, when he wants something he comes and pulls on my hand till I come, or he backs up and sits on me if he wants held.  I love when he does that!

 He understands so much now and is adding words very fast.  He says so much, but my favorite new saying is "I'm stuck".  He says it when he climbs on his footstool to get his tooth brush.  He begs to brush his teeth all the time and carries his toothbrush around as much as we let him.  I hear teeth teeth all the time.  I love that he is able to help clean up some now, he likes to carry laundry to the washer, he throws his diapers away too.  Emma and him are able to play a little more together and love to build blocks, play kitchen and chase each other around the house. 

He is really enjoying staying with my mom a few hours a week while I work a little too.  He also got to stay with a dear friend Ms. Jessica two days while Meme tried to put her flooded house back together.  He just likes to be out and about!  Mostly he just wants outside to play in the driveway, where he throws the ball down it to watch me run after it. 

Today, we sadly had a major first, he had a haircut.  He was getting a mullet and his hair was in his eyes, it is still thin, but we had to cut it.  He got really fussy, but after the sucker was handed to him things started looking up.  I cant believe we cut his sweet baby hair.  Emma was three before we had to cut her's so this is a major shock to do it so soon with Taylor.  It makes me sad to realize just how close he is to not being a baby anymore, he really is a toddler not a baby:(  BOOO!!  I miss my sweet nursing baby boy!  Where did the time go??  OH how I want to stop the clock and just sit and hold him forever.  I think it is harder knowing that more then likely he is my last baby and it will be my last first haircut. 

Here is a few cute photo from today's big first!!

 My car that broke down on the way to get the first haircut
 Waiting on Daddy to come rescue us!
 beeping the horn while daddy called the tow truck
 scared
 in comes the sucker
 bye bye mullet
 could you not just eat his sweet face up??
 big boy
fresh new do's for them both

No comments: