Monday, November 12, 2012

Date Night

Friday night Daniel and I were given a much needed break for a few hours.  Date nights are rare for us, with two kids, one toddler and one special needs, it is not easy to get out.  Not to mention our budget is pretty tight, so we normally spend any extra money to do family things.  However, I am a junky when it come to trying to win things, anything, I have won toys, candy, free coupons for products, a hat, Cheekwood passes etc.  I love to enter to win things, and it is thrill to win. I normal win small things but the other day I got a call from Sirius XM and had won a pair of tickets to see Anita Renfroe tape a comedy special for Blue Collar Comedy station.  I was thrilled!  I loved seeing Anita perform at Women of Faith and thought she was so funny.  I entered her contest to win tickets off her FB page. 

After a week full of Daniel sick and Taylor sick as well, this mommy needed a night out!  So, when I won, I was thrilled.  A date night with only needing to pay for parking and a quick bit to eat before dinner, SCORE! 

We got all cleaned up and headed to the taping, it was so much fun.  We laughed and laughed and got to just relax for two hours.  Then, we walked downtown to see the little country music shops, and bars and talked.  We capped the night with a Star Bucks treat thanks to a gift card we had.  It was a perfect evening of relaxing and having fun.

The stress of having young kids and a special need is exhausting and we realized a while back that it is important for us to seek a babysitter and get away to recharge our wife and husband relationship when we can.  Just a few hours away to be just us renews us and recharges us to deal with the joys and craziness of parenthood.  I am so thankful for the family we have that will help us get a few hours away.  We have so many aunts, uncles, and grandparents that realize we need a little break and allow that to happen. 

It was a great fall night and the laughter and fun will be a great memory for years to come.  Love you Daniel!

No comments: