Thursday, April 9, 2009

I wonder??




I have thought a lot this week on how Mary, mother of Jesus must have felt while she watched him die on the cross?

I started thinking on this as I reflected on Emma's life up till now. I always think back on her birth and her NICU stay on her birthday, which was on Monday. Plus, I think back on all her surgeries etc too. So, as I thought back on how many times I watched them take my angel away for whatever she was having done, and how hard it was to do that, I wonder how Mary watched them beat and torture her son, Jesus?

I have also had the horrible experience of watching Emma stop breathing more then once. It was the worse few seconds of my life. How did Mary continue to live as her Son laid in a tomb for three days, before he rose from the grave Easter morning? How did she do it? I really would love to sit down and talk with her and ask her how she dealt with it all. She was a strong women that is for sure.

This Easter season I am so grateful for a God who loves us and cares for us no matter how many times we stray or stumble. I am so grateful for a God who holds my daughter's life in His hands and knows how all this medical craziness will end. I really wish I knew but He does and His plan is not always our plan. God is in charge and He is full of love!

Love and Happy Easter
Rachel

No comments: