Saturday, February 7, 2009

craft time and mom's new job




The photos above are of Emma standing at the window waiting on daddy. This is her new favorite thing to do. I like it since she is using her legs and standing on her own. She loves to look for daddy and wave when he gets home. The other photo is of her hand after a painting session! She loves to do crafts and express her creative side.

This week has been okay. Emma is still trying to get her stomach empty from being stopped up. So, we are changing a lot of diapers! We got her braces, and we have wore them once with no tears! They really stretch her out and make her work, so she is not to happy about them, but she is getting use to them little by little.

I am mentally doing a little better. I am just trying to focus on how funny and loving my sweet girl is. I am spending a lot of time just hugging her, loving on her, and spending quality time with her and the family. We have been working on lots of Valentine's crafts and she is loving to be painting and coloring. She makes me laugh so much when we do crafts. She gets so excited but hates to touch the paint. I tried finger painting with her the other day and we had to use brushes. Then she went wild. She really has a real artist side, and I love to bring it out and let her explore it. We keep coloring books and crayons at her little desk all day long and she sits there for hours doodling and coloring. (she gets it from me, I love to do crafts)

I am proud to announce that I will be taking on all the story times at the library I work at. I am so happy. Now I will be working two weekends a month and every Thursday. It is not a lot of money but it will help a little. Plus, Emma can go with me and be with me the whole time. I am still hoping to gain a few hours working the desk, but I am still being trained. It is fun work and I love it. I love books and kids so it is perfect for me to work there.


I better go, Emma is about to wake up and I need a snack first.

Rachel

1 comment:

Mama2hre said...

Congrats on your new job! That sounds great! I just started driving a school bus because my kids can come along too. It's great to find work that allows you to be a mom too! Wonderful!