Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Fuzzy and Small Girls Bible Review



Emma loves when I get to review books that are for either her or her brother.  I also love when I get to review a book and pass a quality book on to my kids.  This month I got a new girl themed Bible for Emma.  It came in the mail when she was home and she was thrilled when she saw it was girl themed and for her.  She carried it for two days before allowing me to really look at it for a review.

Emma really likes that is is small, which is key for her since she cant carry heavy things.  It is also a Big Girl Bible which makes her really happy to take it to church on Sunday.  She loved how soft the cover is, and really loved the bright colors.  The bright blue background with the lime green out lined to the hot pink word Love is really catching as you can see from the picture below.
She loves how soft the cover is and how shiny the silver is around the edging.  Ten year old girls like sparkles and bright colors.  This Bible has both just on the front.  She also loved the hot pink inside cover with the pretty quote from Ephesians on it.  I loved that it has a place to write her name, the date given, who gave it to her, and a note from that person.  That makes it a keepsake in my book and gives me a spot to remind her I love her daily when she sees.  There are a few colorful maps in the back for reference and a 365 reading plan to follow as well.  I really love that there is a dictionary/concordance she can learn to use as she learns to read and study the Bible more on her own.

This Bible is done in the New Living Translation, which I am not as familiar with yet.  However it seems pretty easy to follow along with.  Emma is not a great reader yet and struggles to read but she can follow along okay so far with some help by an adult.  I wish the font was bigger for a younger reader to read easier but then I guess it would not be slimline.  

All in all it is a great first big girl Bible.  I think my daughter will enjoy growing into in the next year or so.  She is just not quite ready for this much of a grown up Bible.  She will be soon though with her reading continuing to get better. I feel good about the quality of the product and feel it will uphold to a young girls carrying of it.  I am happy to see her growing and learning in her faith with such a fun and colorful tool to help her as she moves from a kids Bible to a more grown up Bible.



Here is my Amazon review and you can check out other's as well.

Thanks Tyndale House for my free copy in return for my honest review of the product.