Friday, May 28, 2010

Last Day of School


Emma beside the Puppet Stage


Ms. Curly and Emma


Ms. Jarretta and Emma loving on each other!



Emma's favorite place at school to relax and read a book



Emma and her friend greeting each other before the party! Too sweet!



This is Emma outside the window to her room, every morning she would stop and peer in to see what they were doing, and I mean every morning all year long!

Wow! This school year has flown by! Emma has finished her first year of preschool, and I can not believe it is over. I pulled into the parking lot today for her end of the year party and it felt like it was only yesterday that we pulled in to drop her off for the first time. I will never forget that day, it was so hard yet so exciting to see her join her peers in school. She did not cry that day but I did! That day was a beginning and today was the ending of her time in Fab Room 5 as they are called. Bittersweet for me for sure. She loves her teachers so much and the thought of her moving to another room is sad, but boy has she grown and changed and we owe a lot of it to the wonderful teachers who have loved her and accepted her for who she is.

They gave us a book today of her year. I almost cried looking at it. It is full of pictures from different things they have done and different art projects they did too. To see how much she has changed and grown was so neat. There are some precious photos of her with her friends and seeing her interacting and playing with them was so touching. I have just cried looking at it and am so proud of my strong baby girl.

I am still amazed at how much she has loved school and everything about it. She is was always happy to arrive and take her place on the carpet. She knew exactly where her name tape was and would walk with me to it and sit down for circle time. When I would get there at lunch to pick her up, she would tell me about her friends and hug her teachers good bye everyday!! At home she would tell us about music, chapel, and playing outside, a few of her favorite things oh and art class. It was such a hard choice to put her in preschool, but it has been the best thing for my Rosie! She has really learned to use those wings we gave her when we walked her into that building on the first day.

Next year she will be in a new room and have a whole new experience and time, but for now, I will look at her little book of memories and be proud of her and enjoy our summer together. I have a feeling I will hear a lot of School? Mrs. Jarretta for a few weeks till she realizes she is home now. (Well two days she will be in a speech class with 10 kids, but she does not know that yet)

Love my little sleeping angel!!

Mom

No comments: